The Centre for Cyber Security Belgium has developed a framework with guidelines to guarantee and continuously improve cyber security both within the public and private sectors. If you want to start implementing this framework in your organization, the Implementation WIZARD training Cyberfundamentals for SMEs is a good starting point.
Implementation WIZARD training
- Understanding the basics of security
- We reflect on the five core functions: identify, protect, detect, respond and recover
- Focus on correct implementation of the Cyberfundamentals framework
The Cyberfundamentals are concrete measures for businesses and organizations to:
- better protect their data;
- significantly reduce the risk of the most common cyber attacks;
- increase cyber resilience in general.
The goal is for every SME and every organization in Belgium to eventually meet the BASIC level.
The CCB Cyberfundamentals framework describes five core functions: identify, protect, detect, respond and recover. These functions enable communication around cyber security among both technical professionals and stakeholders so that cyber-related risks can be incorporated into the organization’s overall risk management strategy. It also increases the resilience of companies should they become victims of a cyber attack.
BC Academy now offers the opportunity to prepare yourself and your organization for the introduction of the NIS 2.0 directive and the Cyberfundamentals framework. We offer various training courses at everyone’s level.
This implementation WIZARD training is the essential step for anyone who can use that extra push for his/her basic knowledge and wants to set up or manage Cyberfundamentals within the organization.
During day 1, we explain the basic concepts of security. We dwell on the five core functions: identify, protect, detect, respond and recover. Practical examples and to-the-point advice make this first training day an absolute “must”.
During day 2, we go one step further and focus on correct implementation. What are minimum measures? How can the Cyberfundamentals framework be easily set up and managed? At the end of day 2, we will also work together on self assessment and look at the possibilities around attestation and certification.
- Business owners;
- Staff members;
- Those responsible for IT / Compliance;
- Employees who lack basic security knowledge.
Training objectives (what are you capable of after the training)
- Understanding of commonly used security terms;
- Explanation of the Cyberfundamentals framework;
- Determine priorities;
- Tools to start implementing Cyberfundamentals;
- The Cyberfundamentals self assessment can be completed;
- Labelling, Attestation and Certification are known;
Duration + dates
- 2 days (9 AM – 5.30 PM)
Day 1 = INTRO training Cyberfundamentals
- June 26 & 27, 2023 (Hasselt/NL)
- September 28 & 29, 2023 (Antwerp/NL)
- November 20 & 21, 2023 (Ghent/NL)
- November 27 & 28, 2023 (Liege/FR)
- December 18 & 19, 2023 (Brussels/EN)
You will receive a certificate of participation.
No prior knowledge is required for this training course.
Implementation GURU Cyber Fundamentals / ISO 27001 (coming soon!)
As a small enterprise, you can have this training subsidised for 30% and as a medium-sized enterprise for 20% of the amount without VAT through the SME Portfolio (45% and 35% respectively for cybersecurity-related training). You must submit this application no later than 14 days after the start of the training, otherwise your right to support will lapse.
BC Academy’s KMO-Portefeuille registration number is: DV.O246282.
More information: How to apply for the SME e-wallet | Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen (vlaio.be).