In the 5-day training course (incl. exam), you will learn to implement and manage an information security management system (ISMS) based on ISO 27001. You will also be trained for the PECB’s Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer title.
This ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
- Understanding how to implement ISO 27001 in practice
- Establishing and maintaining the PDCA cycle
- Understanding how to prepare for certification
During this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Information Security Management Systems to secure the organization’s sensitive information and improve overall performance and effectiveness. After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Management Systems, you can take the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” accreditation.
With a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you can demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining compliance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team members
Course objectives (what are you capable of after the training)
- This training is the basic training for anyone who needs to set up or maintain an ISMS in a day-to-day business.
- At the end of this training, you will be perfectly equipped to perform the following elements:
– Explanation and guidance around ISO/IEC 27001 based on ISO/IEC 27003:2017 for the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS);
– Ability to define and perform GAP analyses;
– Understanding the organization, context, stakeholder needs and expectations;
– Gain knowledge of organizational hierarchies and policies;
– Be able to plan and take actions to address risks and opportunities;
– Planning and operational control;
– Set up and maintain the PDCA cycle correctly.
- BC Academy / PECB approved trainer
Duration + dates
- 5 course days of 8 hours
- Dates and time in consultation with client
- Inhouse training at customer’s location
- After passing an exam, the course participant receives the PECB certificate: “ISO27001 Lead implementer”.
- Prior knowledge is not required to participate in the training and the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer exam.
- However, it is an absolute plus if you have knowledge of ISO 27001. If you do not (yet) have this knowledge, we refer you to the ISO 27001 Intro training.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor