The ISO/IEC 19770-1 Practitioner course focuses on the skills needed to help end-user organizations successfully navigate an ISO/IEC 19770-1 audit and achieve certification. It has been developed in partnership by the ITAM Forum.
This course is aimed at:
- Key ITAM personnel within end-user organizations
- Practitioners who wish to demonstrate their ability to help end-user organizations become ISO/IEC 19770-1 certified.
Course attendees can earn an individual qualification (ISO/IEC 19770-1 Practitioner). This will validate their expertise and help to position them as an ITAM specialist.
- Learn how to help an end-user organization successfully navigate an ISO/IEC 19770-1 audit
- Gain a foundational understanding of the concepts and application of ISO/IEC 19770-1 and the power of management systems
- Understand the documentation, systems and processes required for ISO/IEC 19770-1 certification
- Understand the business value of certification and how to build the business case
- Understand the ISO/IEC 19770-1 audit process
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course. This course is suited for ITAM professionals who understand IT Asset Management, have practical experience with ITAM implementation and ideally, a recognized ITAM industry certificate.
ISO/IEC 19770-1 Practitioner Certification is awarded to individuals who attend the course and pass the exam. Certification is managed by the ITAM Forum.
- Multiple choice online exam
- If the course attendee does not score the pass mark, he/she will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Getting started with ISO/IEC 19770-1
- The objective of standards
- An introduction to management systems
- Building the roadmap towards certification
- Gap analysis
- Best practice examples – What does good look like? What needs to be in place for organisational certification?
- The management system playbook
- Building the business case for certification
- The PDCA (plan, do, check, act) cycle
- ISO/IEC 19770-1 audit
- Audit-specific information (Scope, audit time calculation, audit team, and auditor expertise)
- Certification audit cycle (Phase 1, Phase 2, Yearly Audits, Recertification)
- Audit preparation
- Internal Audit
- Maintenance of the management system
- Continuous improvement